Vertical Axis Wind Turbines convert wind energy directly into electricity.
Power is stored in batteries, so it is available for any application anytime, regardless of wind conditions. WIND TURBINE can also be combined with solar panels to further increase power production. WIND TURBINE’s unique vertical design makes it a more versatile, reliable and efficient way to produce pollution- free, renewable electricity.
- Completely silent!
- Produces up to 50% more electricity annually versus comparable propeller-type turbines.
- Compact footprint is smaller, lighter and quieter than the competition and requires little or no maintenance.
- The omni-directional design reacts immediately to changes in wind direction and speed and generates
- electricity in winds as low as 6 kmh (4 kmh).
- Engineered to withstand extreme weather conditions such as frost, ice, sand, humidity and can handle winds over 210 kph (130 mph).
- Environmentally and wildlife friendly — birds see these VAWTs as solid objects so they don’t fly into them!
Hybrid Wind & Solar Off-Grid StreetLight
- Completely silent
- Saves hundreds of dollars in electricity costs annually
- Installation is simple: direct burial pole, no concrete base, no trenching
- LED Light throws the same amount of light on the street as sodium vapour lights at 1/10th the power consumption
- AGM sealed solar batteries in the base store enough power to provide light for 2 to 3 days with no wind or sun
- Works in all weather conditions – no worries about the rain, snow or ice
The Hybrid Wind & Solar Off-Grid Street Light is a remarkable stand-alone streetlight that produces and stores power it produces from the wind and sun.
The Hybrid Wind & Solar Off-Grid Streetlight is an innovative design that taps into both wind and solar power to light a LED street light.
Equipped with a Vertical Axis Wind Turbine on the top of aspun concrete pole and asol array secured to a frame that can be positioned to take full advantage of the sun’s power, the Hybrid Wind &Solar Off-Grid Streetlight is an all-in-one design that is an environmentally friendly alternative to traditional street lighting systems.
HOW DOES IT WORK?
Power Production: On top of a 25 foot spun concrete poleis a vertical axis wind turbine (VAWT) that harnesses the windfrom any direction, regardless of changes in wind direction and gusting. Along with the VAWT is a solar panel on anarticulating arm that is optimally positioned during the pole installation process to take advantage of as much sunlight as possible-best angle and facing south.
Power Consumption: All of the generated power is stored in batteries located inside the base of the pole. The electricity is used to light a high-efficiency LED street light that is as bright and intense as a traditional sodium vapour bulb. A photosensitive switch conveniently turns the LED light on and off. There is virtually no maintenance–no greasing of the turbine (just check the batteries).